Sunday, July 02, 2006

People Talking about Architecture - 07.03.2006

London:
Peter Zumthor - Summerworks
6.30 - Main Galleries, Royal Academy of Arts
From the lector, ‘The core of my work is staying at home, forgetting the world around me and submerging myself in the tasks I have to do, the atmospheres I want to create. Research, the joy of working, of finding a form for an everyday ritual, for a special moment in the future life of a building not yet known; the pleasure of working together with my collaborators in a concentrated way, in a specific environment with the light of the sun entering from the garden and every once in a while my grandson visiting me from across the street. Summerworks. Splendid concentration. My lecture will report on the outcome of that.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home